Durham is a federal electoral district in Ontario, Canada, that has been represented in the Canadian House of Commons from 1904 to 1968, and since 1988. It was created in 1903 from Durham East and Durham West ridings. It consisted of the county of Durham. The electoral district was abolished in 1966 when it was merged into Northumberland—Durham ridings.
It was recreated in 1987 from parts of Northumberland—Durham and Ontario ridings. The second incarnation of the riding was initially defined to consist of the Town of Newcastle, the townships of Scugog and Uxbridge, Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation, the part of the City of Oshawa lying north of Rossland Road and the allowance for road in front of lots 1, 2, 3 and 4, Concession 3, and the part of the Town of Whitby lying north of Taunton Road.
In 1996, it was redefined again to consist of the Township of Scugog, the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation, the Town of Clarington, and the part of the City of Oshawa lying north of a line drawn from west to east along Taunton Road, south along Ritson Road North, east along Rossland Road East, south along Harmony Road North, and east along King Street East. The electoral district was abolished in 2003 when it was redistributed between Clarington—Scugog—Uxbridge, Oshawa and Whitby—Oshawa ridings.
In 2004, “Clarington—Scugog—Uxbridge” was renamed “Durham” riding. Consisting of that part of the Regional Municipality of Durham comprised of the townships of Uxbridge and Scugog; the Municipality of Clarington; and the Mississaugas of Scugog Island.
Today Durham is comprised of the part of Oshawa North of Taunton, the township of Scugog and the part of Clarington that is West of Cobbledick Road below the 401 and West of Regional Road 42 above it.